The Ottawa School District is a progressive school district supporting innovative learning for our students. My role as the Director of Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessment will be to provide leadership and support to district teams in the ongoing development and improvement of our instructional programs in order to provide the most effective learning environment for each of our students. Throughout my experiences as a classroom teacher and administrator, I believe in one constant: There is no greater pleasure than seeing the growth in a child academically and personally!
The Ottawa School District is committed to providing outstanding instruction and a positive school experience for all of our students. Our goal is to assist every student to be successful by providing the individual support, encouragement, and positive structure they need through relevant and rigorous learning opportunities. As parents you are part of your child’s learning community and your commitment to support your child’s learning is important to their educational success. To reach our goal, we challenge staff and parents to help students see their learning potential and develop a growth mindset to persevere through challenges and use the opportunities they have around them to be successful!
- BS: Elementary Education/Early Childhood - Northwest Missouri State University
- MS: Curriculum and Instruction - MidAmerica Nazarene University
- MS: Educational Leadership - Baker University
- District Leadership Certificate - Pittsburg State University
- Grades K, 1, 2, 5 Classroom Teacher (17 years)
- School Improvement Specialist/District Coordinating Teacher (2 years)
- Principal - including at Garfield Elementary (7 years)
- Director of Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessment