WHAT WE DO
USD 290 Special Services offers a range of special education services and supports designed to meet the needs of students aged 3-21 who possess a variety of exceptional needs, both disabilities and giftedness. District specialists serve students whose needs have been determined to be exceptional through an Individualized Education Plan (IEP), which includes goals and objectives that are specific to the child's needs.
Special Services Programs
Special Education programs available through USD 290 include:
- Early Childhood Special Education Programs - preschool
- Interrelated Programs - elementary and secondary
- Life Skills Programs - elementary and secondary
- Alternative School Program - secondary
- Gifted services - elementary and secondary
- Alternative Training Facility - secondary
- Juvenile Detention Center - elementary and secondary
Related services include:
- Speech-Language Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Other specific related services may be contracted as needed to ensure that the student's needs are met in the least restrictive environment.