Following graduation from Ottawa University in May 2000, I have worked in the Ottawa School District as a teacher, principal, and district administrator. Throughout my career, I have worked with a strong belief that all students can learn at high levels. I am proud to be a part of a district that believes this as well.
The Ottawa School District’s vision is that ALL students will graduate from Ottawa High School with the knowledge, skills, and behavior to hold life-sustaining employment. To ensure that every student is prepared for graduation and life after graduation, USD 290 strives to provide the best support services possible. Our approach has been designed to develop independent learners that learn alongside their peers in an inclusive learning environment from preschool through graduation.
I am responsible for overseeing the district’s special education services, the English language learner program, migrant services, and serving as the district’s homeless liaison. I am available to provide additional information or answer any questions that you may have about these programs and how they might support your child.
- BS - Elementary Education/Early Childhood - Ottawa University
- MS - Educational Leadership - University of Cincinnati
- District Licensure - Baker University
- Completing Ed.D - Educational Leadership - Baker University
- Teacher (7 years) in 1st, 3rd, and 5th Grade
- Elementary School Principal (9 years)
- Director of Special Education (3 years)
- Assistant Superintendent/Director of Special Education (2 years)